Shooting Hours: One-half hour before sunrise to sunset.
Legal Equipment: Shotguns 20 gauge or larger using shot sizes 2-9; long, recurve or compound bows; crossbows during the regular season only.
It is illegal
- to use drugs, chemicals or any chemical compound as part of or in conjunction with broadhead arrows to take wild turkeys.
- to use dogs for the purpose of pursuing, chasing, hunting or taking wild turkey. Dogs may be used while hunting wild turkey only during the fall turkey season.
- to shoot at, kill or pursue wild turkey from a motorboat, airplane, motor vehicle or other water, air or land vehicle.
- to use two-way radios in any manner for the purpose of pursuing, chasing, or hunting wild turkey, or to give information concerning the location of turkeys by radio or mechanical means.
- to use live decoys and electronic calls. (It is legal to use decoys, nonelectronic calls and lures.)
- to throw or cast the rays of a spotlight, headlight or other artificial light on any highway, roadway, field, grassland, woodland or forest, for the purpose of spotting, locating or taking any wildlife species while having in possession any archery or firearms equipment.