- Trails within the park are open year-round.
- The Prairie Trail and Alum Creek Trail are closed from November 1 thru January 31. Alum Creek Trail may be closed at times for hunting seasons. Contact the park office for current status.
- Trails or portions of trails may be closed during high water.
- Trailhead A—Rockin K Campground – Horses
- Trailhead B—Horsethief Canyon Parking – Horses
- Trailhead C—Buffalo Tracks Canyon Parking – Mountain Bikes & Hikers
- Trailhead D Rockwall Campground - Mountain Bikes and Hikers
- Traihead E Split Boulder Trail - Mountain Bikes and Hikers
Please use proper trailheads to alleviate congestion and conflicts.
To help maintain the beauty of the trails and keep them open, please follow these rules:
- Park all vehicles in designated parking areas with a vehicle permit properly displayed.
- NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES ON THE TRAILS (state vehicles for law enforcement and maintenance excepted.)
- Trail access is allowed only from designated trailheads.
- Camp only in designated areas and display all permits.
- NO CAMPING OR FIRES ALONG THE TRAILS.
- Pack it in, pack it out! CARRY OUT ALL TRASH!
- Hikers yield right of way to horseback riders.
- Mountain bikers yield right of way to horseback riders and hikers.
- Mountain bike riders MUST REMAIN ON MARKED TRAILS AND MAINTAINED ROADS (Subject to Prosecution.)
- Horseback riders MUST REMAIN ON MARKED TRAILS (Subject to Prosecution.)
- Horses are allowed on paved surfaces only where the trail crosses a road and in Rockin K campground.
- BUFFALO TRACKS CANYON NATURE TRAIL IS FOR HIKING ONLY.