KDWP ANNOUNCES MAY STATE PARK EVENTS, FREE ENTRANCE DAYS
Free Park Entrance Days, other events highlight month
PRATT -- Each month, Kansas state parks conduct special events, some in conjunction with Free Park Entrance Days, some to celebrate a special historical event or geological attribute of an individual park, and others just for entertainment. Each park sets its own dates for these events, including Free Park Entrance Days.
Events are diverse and may include anything from a marathon race to boating courses and equestrian events. Many are educational and all are designed to enhance the fun of visiting Kansas state parks. For more information on state park events, phone individual parks or click the "Events Calendar" on the "State Parks" page of the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks website.
The following is a list of events for May:
- May 5-6 -- Free Park Entrance Days, March of Dimes Walk America at Clinton State Park, 785-842-8562;
- May 6-7 -- Free Park Entrance Days at Prairie Dog State Park, 785-877-2953;
- May 6-7 -- Free Park Entrance Days at Webster State Park, 785-425-6775;
- May 6 -- OK Kids Day educational programs at Fall River State Park, 620-637-2213;
- May 6 -- OK Kids Day at Cross Timbers State Park, 620-637-2213;
- May 6 -- - OK Kids Day at Webster State Park, 785-425-6775;
- May 7 -- Governor's Cup Walleye Tournament at Glen Elder State Park, 785-545-3345;
- May 13 -- Kansas Boater Safety Course at El Dorado State Park, 316-321-7180;
- May 13 -- OK Kids Day at Eisenhower State Park, 785-528-4102;
- May 20 -- 2nd Annual Youth Fishing Tournament at Glen Elder State Park, 785-545-3345;
- May 20-21 -- Nebraska Bass Federation Tournament at Cedar Bluff State Park, 785-726-3212;
- May 21 -- Kansas Safe Boater Class at Hillsdale State Park, 913-783-4507; and
- May 27-29 -- Heartland Coursing Field Trials at Clinton State Park, 785-842-8562.