Douglas State Fishing Lake
Baldwin City, KS 66006
GPS: N38 48.348 W95 09.618
Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism
Public Lands Manager: Justin Hamilton
Phone: (913) 845-2665
The Forestry, Fish and Game Commission of Kansas purchased 718 acres in 1960.
The 538-acre Wildlife Area surrounding Douglas State Fishing Lake is primarily timbered and is open for all hunting seasons. Deer, turkey , squirrels, and migrating waterfowl provide hunting opportunities. Other wildlife that may be seen includes all furbearers, amphibians, reptiles, and both resident and migrating songbirds. Hunters and trappers are reminded to be considerate of other public users as well as surrounding neighbors with domestic pets.
Primitive camping areas, four vault restrooms, and picnic tables are provided for area users. Camping is only allowed in provided areas. Please carry out all garbage.
- Special weapons restrictions exist for hunting this area. No centerfire rifles are allowed and deer hunting is by archery or shotgun only.
- All alcohol, including cereal malt beverages is prohibited
- Motorized boating allowed for hunting and fishing purposes only
- Camping and campfires in designated areas only
- Campfires in provided metal rings only
- Target shooting, off-road vehicle use, and horse riding are prohibited
- Area users are encouraged to visit information boards for all area- specific regulations and also review Regulations Summary booklets
Special Features: - Handicapped accessible fishing dock