Rockin' K Horse Campground
GPS: N38 39.381' W098 00.070'
Campsites are Reservable -
Water, Electric: 13
Primitive Campsites: 10
Rockin’ K is the designated campground for equestrians. Sites 1 – 10 are available for non-equestrians by request or reservation. Sites 1 – 4 are ADA accessible for persons with special needs. All sites are reservable for equestrians. Camping equestrians are encouraged to call the state park office (785) 546-2565 to inquire about availability, or email us.
- BACK INTO YOUR SITE. Keep campers/horse trailers and vehicle on improved camp pad. (Please stay off the grass.) One camping unit/site. The Picnic Shelter IS NOT a camping area.
- Horses must be kept in campsite and secured at designated tie-ups or provided corrals when not on the trails. Portable corrals may be used, but must be erected around tie-ups. DO NOT SET UP PORT ABLE PENS AROUND TREES.
- DO NOT TIE TO TREES, CORRALS, ELECTRIC PEDESTALS OR LANTERN HOLDERS (Subject to Prosecution.)
- Keep horses inside designated areas of Rockin’ K campground.
- HORSES ARE NOT ALLOWED AT THE SHOWER BUILDING OR PICNIC SHELTER!
- Use the manure bunker provided. You are responsible for keeping your campsite clean. Wheelbarrows and hay forks are available without charge at the State Park Office.
- Display valid permits at campsites and on vehicle.
- DO NOT WASH HORSES AT CAMPSITE. Use washbays near the corrals.
- Campers may use NO MORE THAN ONE (1) corral pen/campsite. There is to be no “saving” or reserving corrals for others. If a pen is empty (i.e., no horse and/or equipment at the pen,) it may be used by anyone. More than one horse may occupy a single pen.
- Unless a prior reservation exists, the picnic shelter is available on a first come/first served basis. Contact the park office to make reservations.
- Pets shall be controlled at all times by using any one of the following methods:
- hand-held lead not more than 10 feet in length;
- tethered chain or leash not more than 10 feet in length provided the pet is under the direct observation of and control by the owner; or
- confined to a cage, pen, vehicle, trailer or cabin. (Regulation 115-8-10)