KANSAS WILDLIFE FEDERATION ANNUAL MEETING FEB. 25-27
Presentation of annual Conservation Achievement Awards to highlight banquet
MANHATTAN — The Kansas Wildlife Federation's (KWF) 2011 Annual Meeting will be held Friday and Saturday, Feb. 25 and 26, at the Highland Hotel & Convention Center, 3017 West 10th Street in Great Bend. The 2010 Conservation Achievement Program (CAP) awards banquet will highlight the event Saturday night. Field trips to Cheyenne Bottoms Wildlife Area and Quivira National Wildlife Refuge are planned for Sunday morning, February 27.
KWF has announced the following winners of the 2010 CAP awards winners:
- Conservationist of the Year — Deb Miller, Topeka;
- Conservation Organization — Lafarge North America, Fredonia;
- Wildlife Conservationist — Dan Mulhern;
- Conservation Communicator — Mike Beam, Topeka;
- Water Conservationist— Jerry deNoyelles, Lawrence;
- Land and Soil Wildlife Conservationist —Bill and Jennifer Browning, Madison;
- Outdoor Skills Instructors — Steve Prockish and Ben Jedlicka, Manhattan;
- Farmer/Rancher Wildlife Conservationists — Dave and Mary Hendricks, WaKeeney;
- Stream Monitor — Ryan Waters, Pratt;
- Conservation Educator —Elby Adamson, Clay Center;
- Forest Conservationist — Dennis Morriss, Topeka; and
- Youth Conservationist — Samantha Parker, Leawood.
On Friday evening, the group will review pending Kansas legislation dealing with wildlife issues and discuss any resolutions to be brought before the membership at the meeting Saturday morning. The afternoon program on Saturday will feature a series of presentations on wetland management by area and national experts. For more information about the event, phone 316-214-3001 or email email@example.com.