Boater Education Safety Education Certficate

Any person born on or after January 1, 1989 must complete an approved boater safety education course in order to operate a motorboat or sailboat on public waters in Kansas. This requirement does not apply to a person accompanied by and under the direct supervision of a person over 17 years of age who either possesses a certificate of completion of an approved boater safety education course, or is legally exempt from the requirement.

Boating safety courses that are approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) and recognized by the United Sates Coast Guard shall meet these educational requirements. Out of state boaters who boat on Kansas water must comply with the education requirements. All states provide a NASBLA approved course that will also be acceptable in Kansas.