Lovewell State Park
LOVEWELL STATE PARK NEWS, NOTES AND HAPPENINGS!! Updated weekly.
Lovewell State Park Office hours are 8am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday. After office hours, please utilize the self pay station for daily vehicle and campsite permits. After Hours location for hunting/fishing license and park permit purchases: Webb's Bait & Tackle (1/2 north, 4 west, 9 south, 4 west of office). Or purchase your hunting or fishing license here online.
Lovewell Reservoir is currently at conservation pool.
Cottonwood, Cedar Point and NORTH Willow Utility Campgrounds, Cottonwood, Willow, and Southwinds Restroom/Shower Buildings, and Walleye Point RV Dump Station are all closed for the season. Walleye Point Utility Campground & Restroom/Shower Facility, and SOUTH Willow Utility Campground are all open for early season camping. Water is available at the RoseHill RV Dump Station, Maintenance Bldg hydrant, and the community hydrant in the center of Walleye Point Utility Campground. Lovewell Marina & Grill will be opening this Saturday March 28th, with breakfast, lunch, and dinner specials!
Details are coming together for the first Special Event of the season. Saturday April 25th will be the first Free Park Entrance Day for Lovewell State Park. A vehicle permit is not required on this day; camping and utility permits are still required for an overnight stay. The Lovewell State Park Open House, also on April 25th, will have several activities for visitors.
- 8 am to 12 noon is an Earth Day Cleanup Event, sponsored by Kansas Dept of Health and Environment and Kansas Dept of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism. Volunteers will receive a t-shirt and breakfast provided by Westar Energy. Registration is required, and can be completed online at http://www.kdheks.gov/waste/earthday.html
- 8 am to 2 pm is the 1st Annual Adopt a Flower Program. Bring in any annual or perennial flowering plant to the state park office. Flowers will be planted at your choice of designated locations throughout the park.
- 2:30 to 3:00pm there will be a Ribbon Cutting/Dedication Ceremony for the Cottonwood and Cedar Point Utility Campground Upgrades. This will be held at the Cottonwood Utility Campground.
Call the State Park Office for more information or with any questions about the Lovewell State Park Open House Events!
The 2015 Lovewell Spring Newsletter is now available to view and print!! Enjoy!
Camping Cabin reservations are available up to 364 days in advance. 2015 campsite reservations for the Walleye Point, Cottonwood, and North Willow Utility Campgrounds are available at www.reserveamerica.com, or by calling the office during business hours. 2015 Annual Vehicle, Annual Camp and 14 Day Camp permits are now available. Remember, Kansas residents can purchase their Annual Park Passport at a reduced rate with vehicle registration at the courthouse!
Click this link for the latest Lovewell Reservoir fishing report!
Pioneer Camping Cabin is designated as a "PET FRIENDLY" cabin. Customers who wish to bring their pets for their stay at the Pioneer Camping Cabin will need to choose the "Pet Friendly" option on the online reservation page (or request it during a telephone reservation), and pay an add'l fee of $50.00. All other cabins remain as "No Pets Allowed". Pets must be kept outside in a kennel or on a secured chain or leash.
Special event dates for 2015 are:
- Free Park Entrance and Open House April 25
- Earth Day Volunteer Cleanup April 25
- Free Fishing Weekend June 6 & 7
- Kids Fishing Clinic June 7
- Sand Castle Contest July 19
- Float Your Boat Contest July 19
- Lovewell Fun Day August 1
- Campground Christmas August 15/16
- Free State Park Entrance Sept 13
- 3D Archery Tournament Sept 13
All special event dates are subject to change. Special Event dates for 2016 will be posted Feb 2016.