State Park Open House
Location: Clinton State Park
Type: Open House
Date: Saturday, March 29, 2014
Contact: Sherri Withers
Phone No: 785-842-8562
Time: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
FREE ENTRY DAY! No vehicle permit required on this day!!
- Park Office Open - 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Drawings, License Sales, Camping Reservations and visiting animals on display. (Last chance for Discounted Annual Camping & 14 Night Punch Card Permits.)
- (In the Park Office) T-shirt & Cabin Stay Drawings - T-shirt Drawing - Enter to win a FREE T-shirt. Cabin Drawing - Enter for a chance to win a One Night Stay in a cabin. Winners will be drawn on Monday, March 31 for a FREE T-shirt of their choice from our merchandise on hand and a one night stay in a cabin.
- (In the Park Office) OK Kids Day Registration - Register for our 11th Annual Outdoor Kansas Kids event held on August 9th. Fishing Derby & Animal Show-n-Tell events. FREE ENTRY DAY AS WELL
- (In the Park Office) Wildlifer Challenge - We'll handout information about how you can participate in 15 of the 20 suggested activities for the challenge right here in the state park. Win prizes through that program. Find the Details by visiting : http://kansaswildlifer.com
- Cabin Open House - 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. The two bedroom Wakarusa Valley Cabin will be open to the public for a walk through tour.
- Cabin Drawing - Enter to win a One Night Stay in a Cabin. Winner will be drawn on Monday, March 31.
- Animal Show-n-Tell - There will be 3 times for you to come and see our Live Animals on Display and enjoy an informative talk about them and about some other Kansas Critters.
- 11:00 a.m., 3:00 p.m. & 4:00 p.m.: Search N Find activity! 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. A "Flat Stanley" type of event. We'll hide Images of our "Flat" Ranger Ray pictures around the State Park! See how many you can find as you spend your day in our State Park. Prizes for all who participate!
- Go one step further and visit our Craft area to participant in another activity! Make a Flat replica of yourselves and use it to complete the another challenge! For every picture that you turn into the office on Open House Day you'll receive a prize. The more you turn in the bigger the prize! (We will be able to help you transfer & print out your pictures.)
- Craft Area - 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 pm Make a Flat replica of yourself (a paper cut out that you'll be able to color/decorate). As you visit the rest of the State Park through out the day, you can complete a search and find activity. You can pose your likeness in an area and take a picture of where they visit. Share them with us so we can see what fun things you're doing. We'll get your started with the activity by taking the first photo of you and your cut out self as the first place you've visited in the Park.
- 5 K & Fun Run - 9 am to NOON KU is hosting 5 K & Fun Run Benefit for the Lawrence Humane Society to be held in our Picnic Area or the Beach Parking lot. I believe they will be bringing out dogs to adopt as well.