WILDLIFE AND PARKS COMMISSION TO MEET JUNE 25 IN COUNCIL GROVE
TOPEKA -- On June 25, the Kansas Wildlife and Parks Commission will conduct a public meeting and hearing at the Morris County 4-H Building, 521 E. Highway 56 in Council Grove. The afternoon session will begin at 1:30 p.m. and recess at 5 p.m. The evening public hearing will begin at 7 p.m. The public is invited to attend all sessions of the meeting.
Action and discussion items scheduled for the afternoon session include the following:
- Kansas trails update;
- results of a recent bait users survey;
- proposals for spring 2010 turkey seasons and fee regulation; and
- proposals for cabin fee regulations.
The commission will recess at 5 p.m., then reconvene at the same location at 7 p.m., beginning with proposals for future regulation that include the following workshop items:
- fishing regulations;
- furbearer regulations; and
- late migratory bird seasons.
After the workshop session, the commission will hear proposals for early migratory bird seasons followed by a public hearing for approval of regulations on the following topics:
- KAR 115-25-19 -- doves; management unit, hunting season, shooting hours, and bag and possession limits (Native dove season, Sept 1-Oct. 31 and Nov. 7-15, bag limit 15. Exotic dove season, Nov. 20-Feb. 28, 2010, no bag limit.);
- KAR 115-15-1 -- threatened and endangered species, general provisions;
- KAR 115-15-2 -- nongame species, general provisions;
- KAR 115-25-9a -- deer, Special Extended Firearm Deer season Jan. 4-17, 2010, in units 7, 8, and 15; and
- KAR 115-25-9b -- deer, nonresident limited quota antlered permit application period ending April 30, 2010.
Time will be set aside in both the afternoon and evening sessions for public comment on topics that are not on the agenda. If necessary, the commission will recess on June 25 and reconvene June 26 to complete any unfinished business.
If notified in advance, the department will have an interpreter available for the hearing impaired. To request an interpreter, phone the Kansas Commission For the Deaf and Hard of Hearing at 1-800-432-0698. Any individual with a disability may request other accommodations by contacting the commission secretary at 620-672-5911.