KDWP ANNOUNCES AUGUST STATE PARK EVENTS
Celebrations continue through late summer
PRATT -- As the final full month of summer beats down on Kansas, state parks across the state are still planning special events, some in conjunction with Free Park Entrance Days, some to celebrate a special historical event or geological attribute of an individual park, and others just for entertainment. Each park sets its own dates for these events, including Free Park Entrance Days.
Events are diverse and may include anything from a marathon race to boating courses and equestrian events. Many are educational and all are designed to enhance the fun of visiting Kansas state parks.
The following is a list of August state park events:
- Aug. 4 -- drawing for youth waterfowl hunt, Scott State Park;
- Aug. 4 -- Lovewell Fun Day, outdoor games and cooking contest, Lovewell State Park;
- Aug. 11 -- Waconda Lake Association catfish tournament, Glen Elder State Park;
- Aug. 11-12 -- Free Park Entrance Days, Clinton State Park;
- Aug. 11 -- Olathe Bass Club Tournament, Hillsdale State Park;
- Aug. 11 -- free "Ident-A-Kid" and self defense class, Clinton State Park;
- Aug. 11 -- Ninnescah Sailing Association Poker Run and Street Dance, Cheney State Park;
- Aug. 11 -- Star Party, Fall River State Park;
- Aug. 13-18 -- Rooks County Fair, Webster State Park;
- Aug. 17-18 -- Lake, Dominos, and Cards (LDS) Social Club fishing and camping, Eisenhower State Park;
- Aug. 18-19 -- Campground Christmas Lighting Contest, Lovewell State Park;
- Aug. 18-19 -- Free Park Entrance Days, Tuttle Creek State Park;
- Aug. 25 -- Kansas Bass Federation Charity Bass Tournament, Milford State Park; and
- Aug. 25-26 -- Hobie Cat Fleet # 27 Regatta, Cheney State Park.
For more information on state park events, phone individual parks or click the "Events Calendar" on the "State Parks" page of the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks website, www.kdwp.state.ks.us.