Fishing Application and Fees
Persons age 16 through 74, who have been bona fide residents of the state for 60 days immediately prior to buying a license, must have a resident license in possession while fishing in Kansas. All nonresidents 16 and older must have a valid nonresident license to fish in Kansas (unless fishing on a private pond not leased for public fishing). All licenses expire Dec. 31 each year, except five-day, lifetime, and 24-hour fishing licenses.
MULTI-YEAR YOUTH LICENSE: A youth license is available for residents age 16-20. The one-time purchase, fishing license is $42.50, multi-year hunting/fishing combination license is $72.50. This multi-year license expires on Dec. 31 of the year the person turns 21.
National Guard Permit
State funding in the amount of $60,000 annually has been made available to provide free fishing and hunting licenses to active members of the Kansas National Guard. DO NOT FAX!
KS Disabled Veterans:
State funding has been made available to provide free Hunting and Fishing licenses to resident Disabled Veterans with at least 30% disability. Applicant must provide a copy of current disabled veterans entitlement papers showing proof of at least 30% disability.
Fishing License or Permit / Fee
- Lifetime Senior Resident Hunt/Fish Combination: $42.50
- Senior Resident Fish: $11.50
- Senior Resident Combination Hunt/Fish: $20.50
- Resident Fishing: $20.50
- Resident Combination Fish & Hunt: $38.50
- Lifetime Fishing (Residents only): $442.15 - (If paid quarterly $61.50)
- Combo Lifetime Fishing & Hunting (Residents only): $882.50 - (If paid quarterly $121.50)
- Nonresident Fishing: $42.50
- Nonresident Combination Fish & Hunt: $112.50
- Nonresident Five-Day Fishing: $22.50
Resident/Nonresident Additional Permits
- 24-Hour Fishing: $5.50
- Trout Permit: $12.50
- Paddlefish Permit: $12.50
- Youth (15 and younger) Paddlefish Permit: $7.50
- Hand Fishing Permit: $27.50
- Bass Pass: $12.50
- Three Pole Permit: $6.50
- Duplicates (All Licenses/Permits): $12.50