KDWPT / Boating / Law Enforcement / Accident Reporting

Accident Reporting

In Case You Are Involved in a Boating Accident

  • An operator involved in a boating accident must immediately stop their vessel and assist anyone injured, unless doing so would seriously endanger their own vessel or passengers.
  • Provide your name and address to any injured person or owner of property that is damaged in the accident.
  • If the accident causes damage in excess of $2,000 or injures a person requiring treatment beyond first aid, including death, you must notify Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism immediately. Contact the Pratt Office at 620-672-5911 or your local authorities.